Bhavna brings you stuffed Okra. Very delicious easy to make.
2 Tablespoon, crushed
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Red chili powder
1 1⁄4 Teaspoon
4 Tablespoon, divided (2 tablespoons for the stuffing and 2 tablespoons for frying)
1 Pinch (Optional)
1. Take the okras and cut off the edges and slit them lengthwise without cutting them through. Set aside.
2. Take a bowl and mix the jowar flour, gram flour and corn flour together.
3. To this mixture add the crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cumin powder, salt, sugar, garlic powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder and mix them well.
4. Add oil and continue to mix till the desired stuffing consistency is reached.
5. Take the slit okra pieces and fill in the stuffing using your hands.
6. Preheat a frying pan with oil, and place the stuffed bhindis one by one into the pan. Let them cook well on a medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir gently or toss after every 5 minutes.
All those Indians who love eating lady finger will really love this dish made by Chef Bhavna. It's yummy and different from the regular recipes. You can serve it with rice or roti. Watch the video and do try out this recipe.
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 116.1 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 3.3%
Vitamin C 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Bhindi Ravaiya Or Kalonji - Bhindi Masala - Stuffed Okra Recipe Video