Enjoy this spiey masaledaar stuffed eggplant with rice, Khichadi, and roti. Gujarati call them Ravaiya. Bharela Bengan Ravaiya..
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Red chili powder
1 Teaspoon (According to taste)
3 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (2 1/2 tablespoons for the stuffing and 1 tablespoon for the cooking)
1 Pinch (Optional)
6 Small (Each about 7-inches long)
4 Medium, cut into wedges (Optional)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use as required to cook)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1. Take the brinjals, slit each of them lengthwise into four, without cutting all the way through. Soak in some water and set aside.
2. Take a bowl and mix together the crushed peanuts and the gram flour.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
4. Add the oil, asafoetida and mix. Stuff each of the slit brinjals with the prepared mix.
5. Take a pressure cooker/open pot with some oil, heat it and place the stuffed brinjal pieces into them.
6. Smear the left over masala mix on the cut potato wedges. Add some water and let it cook.
7. Once cooked, add some freshly chopped cilantro to garnish.
8. Serve warm with roti, paratha or rice or even khichdi.
Frozen/fresh green peas can be added optionally along with the potato wedges.
If you are looking forward to prepare a flavorful and delicious stuffed eggplant recipe this video is a must watch. Serve these spicy Indian style eggplants with Indian khichdi and kadhi for an excellent meal. The video is worth watching as it uses simple ingredients and so easy to make at home. Check it out...