Very healthy way of eating some herb roots. Watch how you can add more remedy herbs in your daily diet.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Green chili paste
Fresh white turmeric root/Cumin powder
1⁄4 Teaspoon (Also called aamba haldi) (Optional)
Yellow turmeric root
1 Pinch (Also called pili haldi) (Optional)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
6 Medium, torn
1 Tablespoon, chopped
For the seasoning
1. In a pot add plain yogurt, sour cream, gram flour, ginger paste, green chili paste, aamba haldi and pili haldi. (If aamba haldi and pili haldi is not available, you can add cumin powder instead).
2. Add water and mix well to combine. Add salt and sugar to taste. Using a hand blender blend all the ingredients well.
3. Add fresh curry leaves and cilantro.
4. In a small pan, heat oil for the seasoning, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and when they crackle remove from the heat.
5. Keep the pot with the kadhi on the heat and warm it slightly by stirring continuously. Add the seasoning, stirring continuously and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat when done.
If you're looking for the recipe of traditional gujarati kadhi, then this is it. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well. It is a very simple dish to prepare and you can serve it with roti or rice. It is very healthy as it's made of yogurt. Watch the video for the delicious gujarati kadhi recipe.