I've made yogurt at home about a thousand times now, and it's pretty easy, fun and economical. And there's something gratifying about making a cultured food ...Yogurt is a wonderful snack and can be even more healthy if you make it yourself. Here is some quick easy steps that will help you make your own home made yogurt. There are so many good things about homemade yogurt that it's tough to think of a good excuse not to make it!
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil the milk. Set it aside for a while, as we do not use the hot milk to prepare the yogurt. We need it just warm (120 to 150 F).
2. After the boiled milk has rested a while and is warm, add the yogurt to it and stir using a spoon or an electric whisker. Do not stir too much. Let the mixture rest in room temperature for about 3 hours to 5 hours.
3. Check if done, if not done leave it to rest for some more time.
4. Once done refrigerate the yogurt before serving to get the right texture.
5. Serve the yogurt with any dish or snack of your choice. Yogurt can also be used in baking or cooking dishes, apart rom its use in preparing smoothies.
During winter when the room temperature is low, rest the milk-yogurt mixture inside the oven, leaving the light inside turned on.
Plain or flavored yogurt can be prepared at home.
Using high fat milk, the thicker and creamier Greek style yogurt can also be prepared at home. This is used to make the frozen flavored yogurt.
Those of you who are looking for the recipe of homemade yogurt, will find this very useful. Chef Bhavna shows how to make natural yogurt. It is made within 3 hours and it is less expensive. You can always add fruits to it and make it flavoured yogurt. Do check out the video.