Stuffed Paratha - Indian
|For the filling|
|Mashed potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Boiled and mashed)|
|Green peas||3 Tablespoon, ground (2-3 tablespoons grinded)|
|Cauliflower||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Corn||2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||To Taste (Optional)|
|Curry powder/Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the dough|
|Chapati flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required to knead the dough)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)|
|While pan frying the stuffed paratha|
|Oil||10 Teaspoon (1 teaspoon drizzled per paratha)|
1. Take a mixing bowl, add chapati flour and whole wheat flour in it. Add the salt and oil and mix well to combine.
2. Gradually add warm water and knead the dough into a very soft dough.
3. Once a soft dough is ready, spread a couple of drops of oil on the surface to smooth-en it. Cover the dough and let it rest while you prepare the rest of ingredients for the filling.
4. In a bowl add the boiled and mashed potato and carrots, combine them together.
5. To this add the green peas, cauliflower and corn. Mix well using a spoon.
6. Add the finely chopped onion, cilantro, garlic paste, green chili paste, sesame seeds, salt, sugar, curry powder and some fresh lime juice. Mix to combine all the ingredients for the filling well.
7. Take the dough, from it take golf ball size portion and make balls, flatten and roll into small rounds with the edges thinner.
8. Place a little of the filling in the center and cover with the edges. Pinch off any excess dough. Again flatten it between your palms and roll into medium sized rounds.
9. Take a pan, heat it and fry the stuffed paratha one at a time, flipping sides. When both sides are done, drizzle a little bit of oil on it and remove from the pan.
10. Serve warm with your choice of chutney or raita.
The filling should be absolutely moisture free, to be able to roll it without breaking the edges of the paratha.
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 175.1 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet