Moong Curry or Mag nu Shaak (Green Gram Soup)
|Dry red chilies||2 Medium|
|Mustard seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||5 Medium|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped into big chunks|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Moong||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled (Boiled in water with a little salt)|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a pressure cooker boil the moong in water with a little salt added to the water. Once cooked, set aside along with the water.
2. Take a saucepan heated with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add dry red whole chilies and mustard seeds. When they crackle, add asafoetida, curry leave and turmeric powder.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and let it cook till they are tender.
4. Then add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste and stir well.
5. Add coriander powder and a little salt and sugar. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and add the fresh lime juice.
6. Add the boiled moong along with the water in which it was boiled in and stir. Also add chopped coriander leaves.
7. Serve warm with roti or naan or paratha or even rice.
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 152.8 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet