Recipe for Moong Curry from Gujarat....Discover how to make Moong Curry using my easy to make Moong Curry recipe...very healthy...!
Dry red chilies
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped into big chunks
Green chili paste
Fresh lime juice
1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled (Boiled in water with a little salt)
2 Tablespoon, chopped
1. In a pressure cooker boil the moong in water with a little salt added to the water. Once cooked, set aside along with the water.
2. Take a saucepan heated with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add dry red whole chilies and mustard seeds. When they crackle, add asafoetida, curry leave and turmeric powder.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, cover and let it cook till they are tender.
4. Then add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste and stir well.
5. Add coriander powder and a little salt and sugar. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and add the fresh lime juice.
6. Add the boiled moong along with the water in which it was boiled in and stir. Also add chopped coriander leaves.
7. Serve warm with roti or naan or paratha or even rice.
Things You Will Need
1. Pressure cooker (Cooking the moong in an open pot would be time consuming)
If you're looking for the recipe of green gram curry, then do try out this recipe. It's easy to make. Green gram is very high in protein. The curry is very tasty and healthy. So don't forget to watch the video for this healthy recipe.