Super easy to make and tasty...
This is one of everyone's favorite in my house. Kids are absolutely crazy for this sabji...watch this recipe for more options...
Extra virgin olive oil/Oil
500 Gram, cubed
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Red chili powder
To Taste (Optional)
Juice of lemon
1⁄2 , juiced
1 Tablespoon, cut oblique (For garnishing)
1. Take a pan, heated with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds crackle add the asafoetida and the cubed potatoes. Add the salt and turmeric powder and stir to mix them well.
2. Cover and cook till half done, stirring frequently. Once half cooked leave the pan open and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add garlic powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, sesame seeds and ground peanuts. Stir to combine the potato cubes and the spices well. Add sugar (optional) and stir again.
4. Squeeze half a lemon into the cooking potatoes and stir. Let it cook in the open pan for a few more minutes.
5. Finally garnish with green onions and turn off the heat.
6. Serve warm with any Indian style bread like roti, naan, puris or the Gujrathi bhakri.
Use shredded potato if you want to make it like Hash brown. Onions and bell peppers can be added as well.
For a more healthier option, replace the potatoes with raw banana and use the same recipe to cook.
Potato lovers will surely like this curry. In Indian cuisine, this is one of the most easiest curry to make. The chef makes the recipe in gujarati style. Normally you can have it with bhakri. Check out the video for the super easy recipe of potato curry.