Masala Chai - Herb and Spicy Indian Tea
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Tea cups used for measuring water)|
|Black tea leaves||4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Tulsi patta||2 Medium, torn into small pieces|
|Mint leaves||1 Medium, torn into small pieces|
|Green tea||1⁄4 Teaspoon, cut into pieces (Fresh green tea eaves used)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tea masala||1 Pinch|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Tea cups used for measuring milk)|
1. Take a pot and pour 2 tea cups of water and 4 teaspoons of black tea leaves.
2. Add grated ginger, tulsi and mint leaves torn, green tea leaves, freshly ground cardamom powder, a pinch of tea masala and sugar to taste. Stir and bring it to a boil.
3. Once the tea starts to boil, add the milk. Again allow it to come to a boil.
4. Once the tea starts boiling, strain the tea into the tea cups.
5. Serve the flavored herb tea with any Indian snack.
The quantity of milk and choice of variety of herbs added can be varied as per taste.
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg3.8%
Sodium 45.8 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.42%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 13% Iron 0.55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet