Unique and delicious food is prepared for Diwali. Here we have collected few Diwali recipes to make your celebrations more tempting. ...Enjoy the festive food...while celebrating Diwali !
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required for kneading)
2 Tablespoon (As required to taste)
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. Take a pot of boiling hot water and add sesame seeds and sugar. Stir till the sugar melts. Set it aside to cool.
2. Take a mixing bowl and add the all purpose flour, wheat flour and ghee and mix using your hands.
3. Gradually add the water mixed with sesame seeds and sugar to knead the dough. (Add plain water if more water is required for kneading)
4. Finally add a couple of drops of oil to smooth-en out the surface of the kneaded dough.
5. Take small portions of the dough and roll very thin round shapes and lay them on a tray to dry for 30 minutes.
6. Take a pan with oil and deep fry the kharkharias till golden brown at medium heat. Once done remove them on to a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
7. Serve as a snack. Usually served on the special occasion of Diwali.
Diwali is just round the corner and if you're planning to make some homemade snacks, then do try this recipe by Chef Bhavana. She demonstrates a simple and easy recipe to make kharkharia - a very famous gujarati snack prepared during Diwali. Watch the video complete instructions before trying it at home.