Guvar Dhokli - Cluster Beans Curry
|For the cluster beans (guvar)|
|Anise seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cluster beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces (Guvar, washed and rinsed)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (As per taste)|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As required (initially add room temperature water, later add hot water))|
|For the dough|
|Jowar flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A little less than 1/4 cup used)|
|Wheat flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Gram flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Besan)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (As required)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Garlic paste/Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As required to knead the dough)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For dusting)|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Juice of lemon||1 Tablespoon|
1. Take a saucepan and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil.
2. When the oil is warm enough add the anise seeds, asafoetida and a pinch of turmeric powder. Add the cluster beans and stir.
3. Add sesame seeds, green chili paste, ginger, garlic paste and coriander powder and stir. Add water and salt, cover and let it cook on a medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
To prepare the dough:
4. Meanwhile take a large mixing bowl, add jowar flour, corn flour, wheat flour and gram flour along with a little salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
5. Add garlic paste, green chili paste and mix well to combine all the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
6. Add oil and continue to mix well.
7. Gradually add water and knead the dough to a soft ball of dough.
8. After the guvar has been cooking for about 7 minutes add some more water (hot water), cover the lid partially open and let it simmer.
9. Now take medium size portions of the dough, dust it well with flour and roll it into a thin flat round. Using a pizza cutter cut small pieces and add it into the simmering guvar broth and stir gently. Cover and let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
10. Add a little bit of sugar and continue to stir for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
11. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and lime juice.
12. Serve warm.
2. Pizza cutter