1. Take a pan and heat with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds crackle add asafoetida, the shredded corn and the crushed peanuts.
3. Add salt to taste. Also add the ginger, garlic and green chili pastes, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Stir and let it cook for a few minutes.
4. Then add warm milk, cover let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep stirring frequently to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the oil separates and floats on the top.
5. Sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro on top.
6. Garnish with sprinkles of sev and serve immediately.
If thick chevda is preferred then reduce the quantity of milk added.
Have you ever tried making corn chevda at home? If you haven't then you must check out the recipe. It looks delicious and is normally eaten at breakfast time. This is a gujarati style recipe. The chef explains the recipe very nicely in the video, so do check it out.