Bhavna brings you very crispy crunchy all time favorite snack. Very easy to make.
All purpose flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. Take a bowl and mix the all purpose flour, wheat flour, sugar and salt. Mix well so that all these dry ingredients blend well.
2. Add the ghee and blend it well into the flour using your hands.
3. Add the warm water a little at a time and knead the dough. Keep adding water in small quantities to knead a soft dough.
4. Once the dough is made, cover it and set it aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Take a good large portion of the dough and flatten it in your palms and roll it into a large rounds.
6. Using a pizza cutter cut small diamond/kite shapes.
7. Meanwhile heat a pan with oil on medium heat for deep frying the shakarpara.
8. Once the oil is hot add small batches of the cut dough and fry till they puff up and turn golden brown in color.
9. Drain the fried shakarpara on to a paper towel to remove the excess oil from it.
10. Serve as a snack at any time of the day.
Always store the fried shakarpara in an air tight container so that they stay fresh for a long period of time.
Things You Will Need
1. Pizza cutter - for cutting diamond shapes into the rolled dough.
If you're looking for some tasty Indian snacks, you should try this recipe. This is called Shakarpara in India. This is a good snack for munching time. You can make more and store in an air tight container. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing recipe.
Shakarpara Or Namakpara - Indian Snack Recipe Video