Shakarpara or Namakpara - Indian Snack
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Take a bowl and mix the all purpose flour, wheat flour, sugar and salt. Mix well so that all these dry ingredients blend well.
2. Add the ghee and blend it well into the flour using your hands.
3. Add the warm water a little at a time and knead the dough. Keep adding water in small quantities to knead a soft dough.
4. Once the dough is made, cover it and set it aside for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Take a good large portion of the dough and flatten it in your palms and roll it into a large rounds.
6. Using a pizza cutter cut small diamond/kite shapes.
7. Meanwhile heat a pan with oil on medium heat for deep frying the shakarpara.
8. Once the oil is hot add small batches of the cut dough and fry till they puff up and turn golden brown in color.
9. Drain the fried shakarpara on to a paper towel to remove the excess oil from it.
10. Serve as a snack at any time of the day.
Always store the fried shakarpara in an air tight container so that they stay fresh for a long period of time.
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.1 mg4.4%
Sodium 196.4 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet