|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sweet potato can also be added)|
|Thick poha||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Soaked in a little water for 30 minutes and drained)|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (Optional)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|For the seasoning|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a pan and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil in it. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
2. Add the onions and saute them for a couple of minutes. Then add the ginger paste, garlic paste and the green chili paste and stir well for a minute or two.
3. Add the diced carrots and mix them well.
4. Add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and stir all the ingredients to combine well.
5. Add the sesame seeds, mashed potato, puffed rice (poha), green peas and corn. Mix all the vegetables well.
6. Add lemon juice and sugar and lastly sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro. Stir well.
7. Use the prepared filling to stuff into spring roll wrappers shaped into samosas to be fried.
8. The samosas stuffed with this filling can be served with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 112.3 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet