Bhavna from superveggiedelight.com brings you delicious veggie samosa filling.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
Green chili paste
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sweet potato can also be added)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Soaked in a little water for 30 minutes and drained)
Frozen green peas
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (Optional)
1 Tablespoon, chopped
For the seasoning
1. Take a pan and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil in it. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
2. Add the onions and saute them for a couple of minutes. Then add the ginger paste, garlic paste and the green chili paste and stir well for a minute or two.
3. Add the diced carrots and mix them well.
4. Add turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and stir all the ingredients to combine well.
5. Add the sesame seeds, mashed potato, puffed rice (poha), green peas and corn. Mix all the vegetables well.
6. Add lemon juice and sugar and lastly sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro. Stir well.
7. Use the prepared filling to stuff into spring roll wrappers shaped into samosas to be fried.
8. The samosas stuffed with this filling can be served with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
Who doesn't like to enjoy delicious Indian samosa? Watch this part 1 of the video that presents a step-wise recipe to make samosa filling and dough for the cover. The video is nicely explained and would surely equip you to make some terrific samosas at home. See part 2 of the series for the complete recipe.