Bhavna teaches you how you can make restaurant style dosa in your home kitchen.
For the batter
Long grain rice
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (Soaked in a little water)
For the potato stuffed dosa
2 Tablespoon (as needed)
For the cheese stuffed dosa
1. In a bowl Wash and rinse 3 cups of rice and 1 cup of dal and soak them overnight. (at least 4 to 5 hours)
2. Take a mixer/blender and grind the soaked rice well with a little water. Once well ground into a smooth paste, remove into a large bowl.
3. Add the soaked dal and the soaked fenugreek seeds and grind until well blended and smooth. Once done, add this into the rice batter. Mix gently till well combined.
4. In a large bowl, keep the batter and add salt to it. Mix and cover with a lid to ferment for about 4 to 5 hours.
5. Take the batter that was soaked overnight. Mix it gently and set aside.
6. Take a pan/tawa and heat it on the stove. Pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and spread it thinly in the shape of a round dosa. Drizzle oil and cook until golden.
7. Add fillings of your choice such as a cooked potato filling (aaloo sabji) or shredded cheese filling.
8. Serve the crispy dosa warm.
Always pour the batter on to the tawa when the tawa is at room temperature and not too hot.
In winter, when the room temperature is low, keep the batter inside the oven with the lights on, so that the warmth from the lights would help ferment the batter.
Also watch Dosa - Part 1 - Making of Dosa Batter.
All those who saw part 1 of the video will now finally learn how to prepare the dosa. This is the review for part 2 of the video. I hope you watched Part 1. You can use any filing for the dosa, like cheese, potato or whatever you like. I suggest that you should watch the video before making the dosa. I'm sure you're family will love it.
Crispy Dosa - Part 2 - Making Of Crispy Dosa Recipe Video