Very crispy crunchy thepla. Specially, goes well with Indian tea.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Whole wheat flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)
1⁄2 Tablespoon (Use as per taste)
Green chili paste
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (As required to knead the dough)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. In a large mixing bowl add the wheat flour and whole wheat flour and mix.
2. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, green chili paste, ginger and garlic paste. Mix well to combine.
3. Add the finely chopped fenugreek leaves and vegetable oil and combine.
4. Knead the dough by adding little portions of water gradually.
5. Once done, cover the dough and keep it aside for about 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile heat some oil in a pan.
7. Using a roller pin roll out the methi theplas and using a pizza cutter, cut pizza shaped pieces.
8. Fry the pieces in the oil until they fluff up and turn golden brown and crispy. Drain into a paper towel.
9. Serve hot with a cup of tea.
Different shaped molds can be used to cut the methi thepla before frying them.
Things You Will Need
1. Roller pin and board
2. Pizza cutter or a cookie cutter
Keen on making a gujarati bread, then you must try this easy recipe. It is called methi thepla in Gujarati cuisine. It is so easy and quick to make. You can eat it as a snack or even have it with Indian tea. It tastes so yummy. So do try out the recipe and surely watch the video.