Methi Thepla(Fenugreek Leaves Bread)-My New Style
|Wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Use as per taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As required to knead the dough)|
|Wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a large mixing bowl add the wheat flour and whole wheat flour and mix.
2. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, green chili paste, ginger and garlic paste. Mix well to combine.
3. Add the finely chopped fenugreek leaves and vegetable oil and combine.
4. Knead the dough by adding little portions of water gradually.
5. Once done, cover the dough and keep it aside for about 10 - 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile heat some oil in a pan.
7. Using a roller pin roll out the methi theplas and using a pizza cutter, cut pizza shaped pieces.
8. Fry the pieces in the oil until they fluff up and turn golden brown and crispy. Drain into a paper towel.
9. Serve hot with a cup of tea.
Different shaped molds can be used to cut the methi thepla before frying them.
2. Pizza cutter or a cookie cutter
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1010.1 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 0.68%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet