Dabeli Chaat - Mashed Potato Sandwich
|For the garlic chutney|
|Garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut extract||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||To Taste (As required)|
|For the dabeli filling|
|Mashed potato||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (cooked and mashed)|
|Garam masala powder||2 Teaspoon (Dabeli garam masala powder used)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon (As required)|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|For the dabeli|
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Salted peanuts/Masala peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roasted|
|Fine sev||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|For the garnish|
|Tamarind chutney||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Fine sev||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
To prepare garlic chutney:
1. Take a bowl and add garlic paste, coconut extract, tamarind chutney and red chili powder. Mix well to combine the ingredients and set it aside. Taste and season with salt.
To prepare the Dabeli filling:
2. Take a bowl with the mashed potatoes and add ketchup to it. Add dabeli garam masala and margarine and mix so that all the ingredients are combined well.
3. Then add the brown sugar and mix. If required add a little water to make the filling a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Take bun slices, spread a little margarine on the slices and also on top of the bun slice and toast it, flipping sides after a few minutes till they turn golden brown.
To prepare the Dabeli:
5. Once done take out the bun slices and spread the garlic chutney on both the slices. Then put a portion of the filling on one side topping it with sprinkles of the chopped red onion, roasted salted peanuts, fine sev and close it with the other slice of bun.
6. Serve garnished with a dash of tamarind chutney, sprinkled with chopped onions and fine sev.