Farsi Puri or Poori (Crispy Puri)
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon (Crushed cumin or ajwain or till seeds may be used)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (As required as per taste)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (As required as per taste)|
|Ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As required to knead the dough)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (While kneading the dough)|
1. In a bowl combine the ghee and the oil together and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Then add the ghee and oil mix into this and combine.
3. Add the turmeric powder and gradually add water in small proportions to knead the dough.
4. Once the dough is almost kneaded, add a tablespoon of oil and continue kneading till the dough has a reached a smooth round ball.
5. Wrap the dough in a damp cloth and cover it with a bowl and keep it aside for about 10 to 15 minutes so that the dough becomes very smooth.
6. Take a pan and preheat it with a couple of inches of oil while rolling out the puris.
7. Using a roller pin roll out round puris. Fry them in small batches in the oil.
8. Serve the crispy puris hot.