Special Kerala Avial
|Mixed vegetables||1⁄2 Kilogram, sliced into 1 inch pieces lengthwise (Drumstick, Cucumber, String Beans, Brinjal, Yam, Raw Banana, Snake Gourd)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2 Dessertspoon)|
|Green chilies||8 , half slit|
|Tamarind pulp/1/2 raw mango, sliced||To Taste|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. To the sliced vegetables add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1 dsp coconut oil. Add slit green chillies. Cook on low flame, without water.
2. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the tamarind pulp or the raw mango and allow it to boil once.
3. Grind the grated coconut coarsely, with cumin seeds and button onions.
4. Mix the coarsely ground ingredients to the vegetables. Allow to cook over low heat till it blends well.
5. Remove from heat, add the curry leaves and lace with 1 dsp coconut oil.