|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water for 15 minutes|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cashewnut slivers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon sticks||4 (1 Inch Each)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Clean, wash and drain the rice.
2. Heat ghee and fry half the onion till golden brown. Drain and store in an airtight container to retain crispness. Fry raisins and cashewnuts separately in the remaining ghee. Set aside.
3. In the same vessel, saute the spices along with the rest of the onion. Add rice and fry well, taking care not to crumble the grains.
4. Add 5 cups boiling water to the rice and cook over a low flame. When the water begins to boil again, add salt, cover and cook till all the water is absorbed.
5. Garnish with fried onion, cashewnuts and raisins before serving.
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.6 mg14.5%
Sodium 72.2 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet