|Fresh green chilies||100 Gram|
|Jaggery||150 Gram, powdered|
|Tamarind||50 Gram (Lemon Ball Size)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
1. Snip each of the chillies, then wash and cut into 2 or 3 pieces each.
2. In 1 teaspoon of oil, fry the asafoetida and urad dal to brown. Remove, cool, powder, and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the kadai, and fry the cut chillies lightly to remove moisture. Do not allow to get browned.
4. Clean the tamarind removing the strands and fibre. Add the salt and fried chillies, and run in a mixer until lightly ground.
5. Add the prepared dal powder and jaggery, and run the mixer further until it is all blended. Remove.
6. Heat the rest of the oil, season with mustard, add the ground mixture and fry until dry. Remove from kadai, cool and bottle.