King Prawn and Mushroom Pulao
|Basmati rice||13 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Mixed mustard seeds and onion seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh red chilies||6 , slit in the middle|
|Frozen cooked king prawns||1 Pound, defrosted and peeled (500 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, halved (250 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 Milliliter)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||2 , halved|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
1. Wash the rice until the water runs clear, then leave in a bowl to soak.
2. Heat the oil with the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the mustard and onion seeds and fry for about 1 minute, then add the onions and curry leaves and fry for about 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, tomato puree and salt and pour the mixture on to the onions.
4. Fry the spice mixture for about 2 minutes, then add half of the fresh coriander, the red chillies, king prawns and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, over a medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain the rice. Pour the lemon juice and cream into the saucepan, add the rice and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Finally, pour in the water, add the remaining fresh coriander and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the water has been fully absorbed and the rice is cooked.
7. Serve garnished with halved hard-boiled eggs and sliced tomatoes, if liked.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3232 Calories from Fat 1316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g230.3%
Saturated Fat 78.9 g394.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1010.6 mg336.9%
Sodium 4286.7 mg178.6%
Total Carbohydrates 367 g122.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.5%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 116 g231.4%
Vitamin A 209.2% Vitamin C 285.3%
Calcium 51.2% Iron 59.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet