Desi Tandoori Chicken
|Chicken quarters||4 (Without Skin)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter, 3/4 Cup)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
|Corn oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Mixed salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken quarters. Make two slits into the flesh of each piece, place in a dish and set aside.
2. Mix together the yogurt, garam masala, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, ground coriander, lemon juice, salt, red colouring and oil, and beat so that all the ingredients are mixed together well.
3. Cover the chicken quarters with the spice mixture and leave to marinate for about 3 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/ Gas 9. Transfer the chicken pieces to an ovenproof dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked right through and browned on top.
6. Remove from the oven, transfer on to a serving dish, and garnish with the salad leaves, lime and tomato.
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 191.4 mg63.8%
Sodium 1327.8 mg55.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 64 g127.1%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 87.5%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet