Shorshebata Jholer Machh Bengali
|Hilsa||1 Kilogram (Pala Fish)|
|Green chilies||20 Gram|
|Mustard oil||50 Milliliter|
|Whole green chilies||10 Gram|
1. Clean and slice fish.
2. Apply turmeric and salt. Fry lightly (shallow fry).
3. Clean and soak mustard. Grind to a fine paste.
4. Grind green chillies and turmeric. Mix with mustard paste.
5. Heat oil till the smoke comes up.
6. Add a little water to the mustard paste. Add to the hot oil. Fry over a slow fire, adding a little water every now and then to allow the paste to cook well.
7. Add the whole green chillies and salt.
8. Add 3-4 cups of water. Allow it to come to a boil twice.
9. Add tish and simmer. Taste and remove.