Paal Ada Pradhaman
|Rice flour||250 Gram|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄8 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Dessertspoon)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cashewnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), fried in ghee / butter|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), fried in ghee / butter|
1. Add the rice flour to 2 cups milk and mix well to make a soft batter.
2. Pour spoonfuls of the batter on to 6" square banana leaves and swirl to spread evenly.
3. Roll up the leaves and drop them into boiling water.
4. Cook for 10 minutes and remove from the water.
5. Cool and unroll the leaves. Drop the 'ada' (steamed pancakes) into a large vessel.
6. Chop the ada into small pieces.
7. Heat butter in a large heavy-bottomed vessel and lightly saute the ada in it.
8. Mix the milk, water and sugar together. Add gradually to the sauted ada and cook well, stirring all the time till it thickens.
9. Add the powdered cardamom, cashewnuts and raisins. Stir well.