|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ginger piece||1 Small|
|Garlic flakes||2 (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
1. Clean and joint chicken.
2. Wash and slice tomatoes and keep them separate.
3. Peel and slice onions finely.
4. Grind ginger and garlic and powder garam masala, if used.
5. In a degchi heat oil or ghee. Fry onions till light brown.
6. Add chicken, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and garam masala.
7. Stir well for a few minutes.
8. Add chopped tomatoes and very little water.
9. Cook till all the water evaporates.
10. Stir till chicken browns and tomatoes and onions are well dissolved.
11. Add more water and continue to cook till chicken is tender and oil comes up.
12. Add tamarind juice and sugar; simmer and let its gravy thicken.