|Black gram||250 Gram|
|Kidney beans||50 Gram|
|Ginger piece||2 Inch|
|Green chilies||10 Gram|
|Red chili powder||5 Gram|
|Clarified butter||60 Gram (Ghee)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Clean and soak gram and beans separately for at least 4 hours.
2. Boil kidney beans. When half cooked, add gram and oil and boil till both are well cooked.
3. Heat half the ghee. Add cumin seeds, sliced ginger, sliced onion and chopped garlic, and fry till golden brown.
4. Add turmeric, chilli powder and chopped tomatoes and fry till tomatoes are cooked.
5. Add gram and beans and half of the chopped coriander leaves.
6. Cook on a slow fire stirring constantly for another 20 minutes.
7. Add the remaining ghee and remove from the fire.
8. Garnish with remaining chopped coriander, leaves.