Alu Gobi Ki Tahari
|Pulao rice||500 Gram|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Dry Ginger Powder)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel and cut potatoes in fours. Cut cauliflower into flowerettes.
2. Pick and wash rice and let it soak for half an hour.
3. Heat fat in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves. Brown:
4. Add drained rice, potatoes and cauliflower and fry well for a few minutes.
5. Add turmeric and ginger powder; stir.
6. Add hot water which should be 3.5 cm. (1 1/2) above the rice.
7. Stir in salt and chilli powder.
8. Cover and cook till rice is done.
9. When rice is cooked and each grain is separate, sprinkle garam masala over.
10. Toss lightly and serve hot.