1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use as required to make a semi soft dough)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. In a bowl add the wheat (chapati) flour and the tortilla flour with a little bit of salt to taste and the crushed cumin. Mix well.
2. Gradually add water in small portions as required to knead. Knead to get a semi-soft dough. Once done, cover the dough and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes or so, take golf ball size portions from the dough and begin rolling.
4. In a round bottom pan heated with a couple of inches of oil, fry the puris.
5. Serve the puffed up puris with chole or any other Indian curry.
If tortilla flour mix is not available in your area you can prepare it at home using the following ingredients:
All purpose flour, 8 1/2 cup
Non-fat dairy milk powder, 2/3 cup
Baking powder, 1 tablespoon
Salt, 1 teaspoon
Shortening/oil, 1 cup
If you're looking for the recipe of the Indian fried puri, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make puff puris. They can be served with chhole curry or any other curry. They look so yummy and tempting. So don't forget to check out the video.