Veal And Mushrooms On Curried Rice
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Boneless veal||1 Pound, cubed|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||2|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and drained mushrooms and cook until onions are limp but not browned. Remove onions and mushrooms from skillet with a slotted spoon. Reserve.
2. Add remaining fat to skillet and heat. Dust veal with flour. Place veal in skillet and brown lightly on all sides.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and onions. Add water and bouillon cubes.
4. Cover with vac-control valve closed and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until veal is tender.
5. Toss hot cooked rice with curry powder and several tablespoons of butter or margarine. Serve rice topped with hot cooked veal arid mushrooms.