|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash, scrape and grate the carrots.
2. Place in a pan with water, enough to half-cook carrots.
3. Cover pan and cook over slow heat till carrots are half-cooked.
4. Add milk, sugar and ground blanched almonds to carrots.
5. Cook gently stirring all the time.
6. Soak saffron in a dessertspoon of warm water. Mix to a paste.
7. When the carrots are cooked and mixture thick, add saffron.
8. Remove from fire and allow to cool (preferably over ice or in a refrigerator).
9. When cold, stir in the cream.
10. Garnish with silver paper and sliced almonds or cashewnuts.