Moong Dal With Coconut
|Split green gram||115 Gram|
|Green chilies||10 Gram|
|Mustard seeds||1 Pinch|
1. Roast gram on hot griddle till it starts to brown.
2. Grind green chillies and turmeric.
3. Boil gram with ground chillies and turmeric; when cooked, add salt.
4. Grind together coconut, cumin and onion to a very fine paste.
5. Add to gram and add sufficient water to make a thin gravy. Bring to boil.
6. Remove from fire and temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves and a few slices of onion browned in the fat.