|Oil||2 Teaspoon (For frying)|
|Red tomatoes||5 (Cut in halves. DonÃât go for tomatoes with a yellowish tinge)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Green chillies||4 (slit in halves, the number of chilles usually depends on how spicy you want it)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Asafoetida||1 Pinch (hing)|
|Bay leaves||4 (tej patta)|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut lengthwiseâ¦.looks good|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
• Cook 2 cups rice and keep aside. Let it cool.
• Take 2 spoons oil and saute the all the items in Ingredients List 1. Without adding any water, let it cook for 7 minutes or till the tomatoes are finely cooked and become a paste. Cook it with the lid on.
• When this mixture cools, grind it to a very fine paste . It smells great!!!
• In a wok, add one large spoon oil and saute all the items in Ingredients List 2 (except cilantro) until the onions turn brown. To it, add the previously prepared tomato paste and stir until the mixture loses oil. It will take adout 5 minutes.
• Then, add the already cooked rice and mix really well on low flame…..let it stand for 2 minutes and then serve it hot garnished with a handful of chopped cilantro.
• This dish can be relished as is or with curd/yoghurt salad.