Kaju Katli - Cashewnut-Almond Barfi
|Cashewnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked overnight)|
|Saffron||1 Pinch (soaked in warm milk)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked overnight)|
|Camphor||1 Pinch (edible)|
|Elaichi powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the almonds and cashews with saffron and milk and make it into a paste in the blender.
2. The quantity of the sugar should be equal to that of the nut paste.
3. If you wish a sweeter barfi, increase the quantity of the sugar.
4. The paste should not be too thick, it should be of a roughly pouring consistency.
5. Then heat a kadhai and pour the ghee in it.
6. When it becomes hot, pour in the paste and sugar and stir.
7. Keep stirring till the paste starts to harden and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
8. This will roughly take 45 mins to an hour. To test if the barfi is ready take a greased thali and put a drop of the mixture on it.
9. If it hardens on contact, then it is ready to be taken out.
10. Now put in the edible camphor and! elaichi powder and stir for a while to evenly distribute it.
11. Then pour it in the thali and cut in in squares or any shape you want.
12. Let it harden and delicious barfis are ready!
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.4 mg9.5%
Sodium 11 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet