Citrus Chicken with Gravy
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up, skin and fat removed (1 Piece)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Combine flour, orange peel, paprika, and pepper. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons for gravy and coat chicken with remaining mixture.
2. Brown chicken in margarine over low heat.
3. Add water, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.
4. Remove chicken and keep warm. Remove fat from drippings.
5. Stir reserved flour into drippings. Add orange juice, sugar, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy boils.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3531 Calories from Fat 1994
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 221 g340.5%
Saturated Fat 61.6 g307.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1020.5 mg340.2%
Sodium 970.9 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 47 g
Protein 263 g526.3%
Vitamin A 119.2% Vitamin C 375%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 95.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet