Citrus Chicken with Gravy
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up, skin and fat removed (1 Piece)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Combine flour, orange peel, paprika, and pepper. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons for gravy and coat chicken with remaining mixture.
2. Brown chicken in margarine over low heat.
3. Add water, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.
4. Remove chicken and keep warm. Remove fat from drippings.
5. Stir reserved flour into drippings. Add orange juice, sugar, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy boils.