Italian Bread Sandwich
|Italian bread slices||4|
|Shredded cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Combination of mozzarella and cheddar used)|
|Mixed vegetables||250 Gram, sliced (onion, tomato, red, green, and yellow bell pepper, black olives, pickled cucumber, cucumber or anything you like, more or less as needed)|
|Coriander chutney||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
|Ketchup/Hot sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seeds/Salad seasoning||1 Tablespoon, Roasted, grounded|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, Roasted, grounded|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (or more as needed)|
1. Preheat the grill to 350 F.
2. Take 2 slices of Italian bread and spread margarine or butter on both sides of the slice.
3. Place the bread slices on the grill and flip both sides until they are golden in color.
4. On one slice sprinkle the shredded cheese and on the other slice spread the cilantro chutney.
5. On top of the shredded cheese add the vegetables of your choice like cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, olives and lettuce
6. Sprinkle the roasted and ground fennel seeds and sesame seeds on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle a little bit of salt to taste.
7. Drizzle some ketchup and close the sandwich with the slices. Repeat for the other 2 slices of bread.
8. Serve the sandwich right away.
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 1037.6 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 43.9% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet