Balti Mushroom Paneer
|Onions||2 Small, sliced|
|Brown mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root piece||1 Inch, grated|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed mushrooms||1 Pound (500 Gram, Such As Oyster, Shiitake, Chestnut /Crimini And Flat)|
|Paneer||4 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (125 Gram, See Right)|
|Balti sauce/Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (Cilantro)|
1. Heat the oil in a Balti pan or wok. Add the onions and mustard seeds and fry until the onions have softened.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger and chilli powder and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the mushrooms and paneer and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the Balti sauce or stock, the salt and garam masala and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Stir in the chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) and serve.