Methi Malai Tikka
|Boneless chicken cubes||2 Pound|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Fresh garlic||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh fenugreek leaves/1 tablespoon, dried fenugreek / kasoori methi||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), washed|
|Hung curd/Yogurt cheese / cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Low Fat)|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Tablespoon, shredded / crumbled|
|Roasted bengal gram flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee/Oil||4 Tablespoon (or Clarified Butter)|
1. Wash the chicken pieces and pat them dry on a kitchen towel.
2. Marinate them with salt, pepper, garam masala and lemon juice. I prefer to leave them in the refrigerator, overnight. If you don't have that much time, use 1/4 spoon of meat tenderizer and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Combine ginger, garlic, chilly paste, chopped fenugreek leaves,hung curd, cream, cheese, egg yolk, roasted Bengal gram flour and mix well until smooth. Add the marinated chicken to this. I always use my hand to mix thoroughly.
4. Leave the chicken to marinate for another 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator. This will further tenderize the meat and help the flavors to get absorbed.
5. Thread the chicken pieces on bamboo skewers. You can alternate the chicken pieces with onion and bell peppers if you like.
6. Grill or barbecue them on one side, turn them around and brush them with marinade and ghee/butter midway. Cook till they have spots on them and chicken is tender. Like all other Tikkas this is best char grilled.
Alternatively, to broil, bast the meat with ghee/butter/oil and broil in the oven at 450 degree F for about 20 -25 minutes, turning them around mid way and basting them with ghee/butter and marinade. Broil them till they are done and no meat juices run and there are little brown spots on the chicken cubes.
Serve the Methi Malai Tikkas with Mint & Coriander Chutney or barbecue sauce as a dipping sauce.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.3 mg63.8%
Sodium 287.4 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 37 g73.8%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet