South Indian Parotta
|Baking powder||4 Pinch|
|Baking soda||2 Pinch|
|Maida||3 Cup (48 tbs) (All Purpose Flour)|
* To the maida add baking powder, salt, baking soda, nicely beaten egg, 2 tbsp ghee and mix all.
* Pour water and mix soft as chapatti and roti maav, add 2 tbsp oil and mix for nearly 20 mins. Pour 3 tbsp oil, mix and keep aside for 2 hrs.
* Then again beat and mix the maav in the slab for 10 mins.
* Make big lime size balls total of 8-9 balls and keep.
* Take a ball of maav and keep it in the slab and with the help of maida press it like chapatti as thin as you can.
* Spread 1 teaspoon of oil on it.
* Make some flits(Like doing in sarees).It will become become a strip.
* Hold the ends of the strip,beat sowly and stretch it gently.It will become long. (brush some oil in your hand)
* Hold one end as a centric and roll the other end.It will become like a wheel.This will give you the layers.
* Do the same thing for all other balls into small wheels.
* Now brush a little oil on top of each balls and keep aside.
* After 30 mins,heat the dosa pan.
* On the other hand take one wheel.Gently press it by the rolling bin into a thick circle(Like which you have eaten in the hotel).
* Spread 1/2 teaspoon oil in the pan and place the cirular dough.when one side gets golden color, turn over and cook other side with 1/2 tsp oil. After both sides get golden color take it from the pan.
* THIS IS THE ONE!!!! Do the samething for the other wheels.
* When you made 2 or 3,keep one on the other, pat the sides to seperate the layers.
* Serve the parotas with kurma and raita.
Calories 787 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.3 mg32.4%
Sodium 538.7 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.3% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet