Fillet of Sole East Indian
|Sole fillets||1 Pound|
|Melted sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Limes||2 , rinded and juiced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||20 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream/Table cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, combine melted butter, curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper, lime rind and juice. Dip sole fillets into butter mixture.
2. Place sole in a large skillet. Pour wine over sole. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and poach gently for 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
3. Place sole in a shallow baking dish in a single layer. Reserve poaching liquid; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
5. Melt butter in a saucepan; add mushrooms and shallots; saute about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in flour and mustard. Whisk in milk, cream and 1/2 cup (125 ml) poaching liquid. Cook, stirring, over medium heat about 5 minutes, until thickened.
7. Pour over sole. Bake for 20 minutes, until sauce is bubbly.
Garnish with lime slices and chopped chives.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1400 Calories from Fat 678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.7%
Saturated Fat 45.1 g225.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 419 mg139.7%
Sodium 1420.4 mg59.2%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 105 g210.5%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 57.9%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 46.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet