|Tamarind||2 Large (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Oil||100 Gram (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Red chillies||15 (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Methi||1 Teaspoon (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Asafoetida||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Curry leaves||4 (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (For the pulikaaichal paste)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Urad dal||1 Teaspoon|
|Chana dal||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasame seed oil||2 Teaspoon|
* Method for doing puli kaaichal paste :
* Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of water and leave it for 15 mins or heat in microwave for 30 sec. Then squeeze out and take 3 cups of the tamarind water.
* In pan pour oil, put the dry red chillies cut into 2 pieces and fry till light brown in ow flame.
* Keep flame in medium low and add methi seeds, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves.
* Now pour the tamarind water, salt and keep the flame in high and cook till it becomes quite thick and oil leaves out. The quantity of it will reduce from 3 cups to 1/2 cup, it take nearly 20 mins.
* After this is done, keep it aside.
* FOR RICE :
* In a small pan pour 2 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
* Now add urad dal and chana dal and let it turn light brown, then put some curry leaves and pour this in cooked rice.
* Mix it and pour 3/4th of the puli kaaichal that we prepared little by little and mix the rice.
* Also add methi powder and 2 tsp of seasame seed oil and salt if needed and mix all without breaking the rice, so mix it carefully.
* The tasty puli saadham is ready to be served with coconut pieces or coconut chutney or chick peas sundal or potato chips.
The Puli kaaichal alone can be stored in fridge for a month. If mixed with rice, then it can be stored for 2 days in fridge.