|Okra||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 1"long pieces|
|Coconut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||10 , finely chopped|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red chillies||7 , fry in 2-3 drops of oil|
1. Heat 1 tsp oil and fry the coriander seeds till golden brown.
2. Grind coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind paste and salt coarsely.
3. Now add the fried coriander seeds and grind again to a smooth paste. (Try to grind without adding water. If you want you can add very little water).
4. Heat remaining oil in a wok.
5. Add mustard seeds.
6. When they splutter add chopped curry leaves. Now add the okra and stir fry on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes.(Till the okra is 90% cooked)
7. Now add the ground masala and mix it well. Cook it on a low flame for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Serve hot as a side dish with rice.
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g249.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 233.1 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66.2%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 173.5%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet