|Coconut oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Apply 1/2 tsp oil to the eggplant and bake it in a preheated oven in (500 F) for about 30 minutes. (You can also cook it on a grill)
2. Allow it to cool and peel the outer skin. Nicely mash the pulp.
3. Crush green chillies, salt and asafoetida together and mix it with 1/4 cup of water.
4. Add it to the smoked eggplant and mix it well. Finally add 1/2 tsp coconut oil and mix again (It gives an added aroma to the dish)
5. Serve as a side dish with rice. (Make sure to keep the remaining bajji in refrigerator).