|Jackfruit||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black gram||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Wash jackfruit pices thoroughly (to remove the saltyness) and pressure cook for upto 2 whistles.
2. Mash the jackfruit coarsely.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry urad dal and coriander seeds till light brown.
4. Prepare the masala by grinding coconut, red chillies, and tamarind to a coarse paste.
5. Now add fried coriander seeds and urad dal and grind to a smooth paste.(Add just enough water to grind them. Do not add too much of water as this curry is prepared dry)
6. Now heat remaining oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
7. Add the masala to it and mix it well.
8. Now add the mashed jackfruit and mix it nicely.
9. Cover and cook on a low flame till all the water evaporates and everything is blended nicely. (for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally)
10. Serve hot as a side dish with rice and dal.
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.2%
Saturated Fat 43.3 g216.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 218 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.8%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 92.3%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet