Malai Wale Kofte
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curd||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Boiled potatoes||5 , peeled|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
How to make malaiwale kofte :
* Make lemon-sized balls out of the mashed potatoes.
* If the potato mash is soft, mix in bread slices dipped in water (squeeze out all water) to the mash and knead well.
* Prepare stuffing by mixing coconut, dry nuts, chillies, coriander leaves, salt and sugar to taste.
* Flatten each potato ball, put in a small quantity of this stuffing and fold around.
* Roll each ball in breadcrumbs.
* When all koftas are ready, deep fry them carefully in hot oil.
* Remove and reserve.
* Heat up 4 tbsps.
* Oil in a fresh pan, mix in cumin seeds, powdered spices, then tomato puree and curd.
* Fry till blended.
* Mix in sugar, salt, cream and simmer.
* Drop in the koftas and serve decorated with a little cream and coriander leaves.