Rice And Shrimp Casserole With Spicy Indian Cheese Sauce
|Cooked basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (firm)|
|Shrimps||1 Cup (16 tbs), shelled, deveined and cooked|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Spicy cheese sauce||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green chili||1 Teaspoon (fresh)|
1. Melt margarine and saute onion for 1-2 minutes, add shrimps, peas and carrots. Stir and cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
2. Combine in a bowl rice, shrimp mixture, sauce, save 2 tablespoons of sauce for topping. Toss well.
3. Pour into a well greased casserole dish.
4. Mix together grated cheese, tomato ketchup and chilli and spread over the rice mixture with remaining sauce.
5. Cover the lid and bake in a preheated moderate oven (1 70Â°C-325Â°F-gas mark-3) for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the lid for last 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Vegetarian Rice Casserole with Spicy Indian Cheese Sauce
1. Omit shrimps. Use 250 gms. Indian jeera cottage cheese instead. Cut cheese into strips and fry before using.
2. Follow remaining recipe as given above.