|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Ingredients)|
|Potato||1 Small, diced (Ingredients)|
|Brinjal||1 Small, diced (Ingredients)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced (Ingredients)|
|Green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Ingredients)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced (Ingredients)|
|Curry leaves||4 (Ingredients)|
|Oil||5 Tablespoon (Ingredients)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (Ingredients)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon (Ingredients)|
|Salt||To Taste (Ingredients)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (Ingredients)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ingredients)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (Masala powder)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon (Masala powder)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (Masala powder)|
|Cloves||4 (Masala powder)|
|Red chillies||3 (Masala powder)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch (Masala powder)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Masala powder)|
1. Wash rice, soak rice in water for half an hour. Then drain the rice.
2. Heat small kadhai. Fry all ingredients given in Masala Powder one by one. Let it cool.
3. Pound all these ingredients to a fine dry powder.
4. Heat oil in kadhai. Add cumin seeds & allow it to cracker. Then add curry leaves.
5. Add sliced onion. Fry onion till it becomes golden brown.
6. Add masala & ginger garlic paste. Fry for a minute.
7. Then add diced potato, brinjal, carrot & peas. Fry these vegtables for 2-3 mins.
8. Then add rice. Stir it for 5-6 mins.
9. Add boiled water then add salt to taste & spoon full of ghee.
10. Cover the lid & keep stirring in between.
11. Your rice will be ready in 10 mins. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve this rice with any raita, pickle or papad.
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 119.7 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 32.2% Vitamin C 46.4%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet