Indian Vegetarian Meat
|Wheat flour||450 Gram|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Sieve flour and salt in a bowl. Add enough water to bind them together. Knead well for 1/2 hour Make a smooth dough.
2. Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Keep it overnight, at least for 6-8 hours.
3. Next day drain and keep kneading and wash with water to wash out the starch.
4. Pour off starchy water frequently replacing with clean water.
5. Continue washing and kneading until all the starch has been removed and water is clean. Keep the dough together, what remains is gluten and used in place of meat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1525 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1960.4 mg81.7%
Total Carbohydrates 327 g108.9%
Dietary Fiber 54.9 g219.6%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 62 g123.3%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.4% Iron 97.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet