Indian Vegetarian Meat
|Wheat flour||450 Gram|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Sieve flour and salt in a bowl. Add enough water to bind them together. Knead well for 1/2 hour Make a smooth dough.
2. Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Keep it overnight, at least for 6-8 hours.
3. Next day drain and keep kneading and wash with water to wash out the starch.
4. Pour off starchy water frequently replacing with clean water.
5. Continue washing and kneading until all the starch has been removed and water is clean. Keep the dough together, what remains is gluten and used in place of meat.