Spicy Goan Prawn Curry
|Deveined prawns||1 Cup (16 tbs), cleaned|
|Deseeded green chili||4|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried red chili||10|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Inch (1/2 Inch Piece)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind pulp||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
• Marinate the prawns with the salt, green chillies and onion for half an hour.
• Grind all the other ingredients except tamarind pulp and 2cups water.
• Mix the ground masala with 2cups of water in a pan and boil on medium flame.
• When the mixture reduces to half of its quantity, add marinated prawns and tamarind pulp. Add salt if needed. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
• Garnish with slit green chilly.