|Chicken breast halves||8|
|Rich chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Celery stalks||2 , including leaves|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed, trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|Broccoli stalk||1 , washed, trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, combine 4 cups (1 l) chicken stock with the onion, celery, parsley and garlic. Bring to a boil. Add chicken breasts and poach about 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. Remove from stock, cool, then skin and bone, but keep the breasts halves in one piece. Return to cooking liquid to keep warm.
2. While chicken breasts are poaching, prepare sauce. In food processor or blender, combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock and a handful of spinach; process until chopped. Add another handful of spinach and process. Repeat until all spinach has been chopped. Remove to a large bowl.
3. Add remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock to processor. Add broccoli in batches and chop. Add to spinach.
4. In a heavy skillet, heat clarified butter. Add onions; saute until softened. Add ginger and continue to saute until golden brown. Stir in salt, coriander, garam masala, cumin and turmeric and saute 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the spinach and broccoli mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
6. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Do not reheat. To serve, arrange poached chicken breasts on attractive platter and spoon sauce over.