Matar Paneer (Peas & Cheese Curry)
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon, roasted|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
• Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
• Cut the cheese into small sized cubes. Fry them on medium flame until they turn light brown. Occasionally turn the cubes while frying.
• Chop the tomato, onions, and green chilli. Make a paste by grinding it in a grinder. Also add ginger and garlic.
• Heat rest of the oil and fry bay leaves along with cloves for about 30 secs. Add above prepared paste and fry on a medium flame until it turns golden brown.
• Add poppey seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, black pepper powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix them well. Now add green peas and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add sufficient water to make thick gravy. Heat the gravy till it boils.
• Add paneer cubes. Stir the mixture properly and cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
• Garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.
• Matar Paneer is ready to serve.